A Story

Everybody has a story.
Not everyone will be interested in that story, but that doesn't mean it isn't interesting. Writing has always been therapeutic for me, (along with a nightly hot bath!). The paper and pen cannot refuse my words, they can't reject the thoughts I impose on them. Nor will they judge for content, or grade for accuracy. It is safe. There are so many times when it is necessary to be safe while being "real", and recording the "real" on paper validates the experiences. We were created to be relational beings, who desire to be known, and valued, and thereby, validated. So, I extend the invitation to "Life Lines", with the sincerest hope you'll share a sense of camaraderie, be entertained,and best of all, be inspired because...everybody has a story! <3

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Flora Immortal
















The variety of flowers used by the Design Studio for high society Palm Beach events is mesmerizing! Not only specimens, but also colors, and names for each, like "Black Velvet", "Lipstick" and "Blizzard", "Chocolate" mums and "Lambs ears". The arrangements that are created with these beauties are stunning! As individual stems they boast the Creators artistry. Combined with complimentary blooms in a dish set atop a tall glass flute or crystal candelabra and voila! Magic! Arranged as a centerpiece on each finely clothed table, with flickering candles, sparkling tableware and stemware, and artfully folded napkins; add music, ambient lighting, guests in tuxedos and gowns, snap the shots, pop the corks and let the festivities begin! Sometimes, when I'm tired, have aching feet, and need something to eat, when it's time to go home, leaving the fruits of my labor for others to enjoy, when the prototype has been shown, or when the party's over, I bring home the "bounty", the "spoils", the "treasure". For a few fleeting days it is I for whom the petals pose, my humble table they grace, I am the flower's guest of honor. Maybe that they are temporary is what makes them so indulgent, luxurious, and appreciated. No matter, they command attention and admiration, even immortality through photographs! I'm happy to do it for them, the pleasure is all mine!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful flowers - I've always wanted to do what you do, always!

    ReplyDelete

January in Virginia

January in Virginia