A Story

Everybody has a story.
Not everyone will be interested in that story, but that doesn't mean it isn't interesting. Writing has always been therapeutic for me, (along with a nightly hot bath!). The paper and pen cannot refuse my words, they can't reject the thoughts I impose on them. Nor will they judge for content, or grade for accuracy. It is safe. There are so many times when it is necessary to be safe while being "real", and recording the "real" on paper validates the experiences. We were created to be relational beings, who desire to be known, and valued, and thereby, validated. So, I extend the invitation to "Life Lines", with the sincerest hope you'll share a sense of camaraderie, be entertained,and best of all, be inspired because...everybody has a story! <3

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I Miss My Cleaning Lady!

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know that some decisions just have to be made, like it or not, for the betterment of the whole.
After careful consideration and literally years of deliberation, I have conceded what I suspected needed to be done for a very very long time, my back was up against a wall on this one, I had to let my cleaning lady go.
The decision bears no reflection whatsoever on the quality of her work, the results of her efforts have always met my expectations. She has diligently worked to completion anything I included on her to-do list, some tasks lasting for days.
There were times when I could clearly sense the imposition my demands made on her, but she was loyal to my wishes and dedicated to my satisfaction even as it required sacrifice for her to be so. At one time her schedule was predictable and I knew I could depend on her to get the job done, laundry washed, floors mopped, bathrooms fresh, and kitchen sparkling.
No, certainly she was everything I wanted in a cleaning lady, it's just that as of late, well, lets say she's lost her zest and zeal for the work. My floors barely get swept let alone mopped and she started scrubbing them to apply a fresh coat of shine only to quit half way through the job, 2 months ago! The bathrooms practically beg to be granted the opportunity to get their sparkle on again. Laundry gets washed and dried then laid flat to await folding or hangers, the dishwasher runs and gets emptied because the sink is getting full, and while I consider the deep cleaning that everything really needs I don't dare run it by her, she'd melt down and quit on me!
I always let her pace herself, determine her own time frame, there was an understanding between us that kept everything mutually agreeable. However, I'm sorry to now realize and have to admit that she has for quite some time been taking unmerciful advantage of my continual generosity leaving me absolutely no other choice but to just let her go.
Let her go have her computer time, let her go to the fair, let her go shopping, let her go to bed early, I have been letting her go about her own pleasurable business every day and it's about time for some things to change around here, somebody has got to get this place in order!
I may have to resort to calling my "x" cleaning lady to plead with her to return to me but I'm a little apprehensive about how she'll respond. I know her all too well and wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she refused and told me to do it myself.
Some things never change.
P.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

January in Virginia

January in Virginia