A Story

Everybody has a story.
Not everyone will be interested in that story, but that doesn't mean it isn't interesting. Writing has always been therapeutic for me, (along with a nightly hot bath!). The paper and pen cannot refuse my words, they can't reject the thoughts I impose on them. Nor will they judge for content, or grade for accuracy. It is safe. There are so many times when it is necessary to be safe while being "real", and recording the "real" on paper validates the experiences. We were created to be relational beings, who desire to be known, and valued, and thereby, validated. So, I extend the invitation to "Life Lines", with the sincerest hope you'll share a sense of camaraderie, be entertained,and best of all, be inspired because...everybody has a story! <3

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pink Newspaper

After days, even weeks of a severe case of the extreme oh woe is me's, I'm happy to say I'm up and running, back on track, back in the game and ready to rock and roll...so to speak.
My energy kicked in about 3/4 of the way through last Thursday and at the same moment my motivation stepped up to to give my energy a high five and a chest bump, elated to be back together again!
So the 3 of us, energy motivation and I, quickly devised a plan to release the pent up creativity too long suppressed and longing for freedom, which caused a spontaneous combustion that resulted in creation euphoria.
Really, I'm not even kidding!
It was as if a too long left can of pop exploded in the freezer.
It was like the time the boys put a 6 man rubber raft in our 15 ft above ground pool. They were thoroughly enjoying the big waves until those waves created so much pressure against the sides that the thin metal literally ripped. All the water gushed out. I was lucky I didn't have sliced sons!
Just like that, all of my bottled up imprisoned need to create came spilling out and splashed all over the door!
I knew the time would come when this would happen, I was prepared. I had my necessary supplies handy to make sense of what might have other wise been a mess had preparation not preceded the event.
My co-worker Fredrick, a small in stature dark skinned man with a pretty thick accent was in the room service kitchen clearing some carts when I saw him, said Hi and then couldn't help but notice the newspaper he had on that cart, it was pink! I had never seen a pink newspaper so I asked him about it. It was the "Financial Times" (it's name explains why I'd never heard of it!) and comes only on the weekend, he asked if I wanted it. I said yes, of course I would say yes, it was pink!
I knew immediately that it would be part of a decoupage one day.
I did not know until I got to it, that 3/4 of the way through last Thursday would be the day and that the project would be the door.
I never would have suspected at the time that I came into possession of the pink newspaper that it would turn out to be such an emancipator.
Funny how things come together sometimes.
P.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

January in Virginia

January in Virginia