A Story

Everybody has a story.
Not everyone will be interested in that story, but that doesn't mean it isn't interesting. Writing has always been therapeutic for me, (along with a nightly hot bath!). The paper and pen cannot refuse my words, they can't reject the thoughts I impose on them. Nor will they judge for content, or grade for accuracy. It is safe. There are so many times when it is necessary to be safe while being "real", and recording the "real" on paper validates the experiences. We were created to be relational beings, who desire to be known, and valued, and thereby, validated. So, I extend the invitation to "Life Lines", with the sincerest hope you'll share a sense of camaraderie, be entertained,and best of all, be inspired because...everybody has a story! <3

Sunday, July 20, 2014

56-57



Fiftyyyy sssseven.

Wowsers!

Closer now to the big six –o than the big five-o, with a steady push forward to the finish line. No time outs to stop the clock, and no replays.

It is enough to make a person shudder and shiver at the thought, but, and that right there is one of my favorite little words, but, the flip side of the perspective sends the chills away like a fur coat in a Chicago winter. I actually know what a fur coat in a Chicago winter feels like and nothing warms better!

No need for fur coats here in Florida, but (there’s that little word again that seems to always be offering an escape!), when stark realities like fifty seven birthdays threaten to chill to the bone, I get to wrap up and snuggle into some even more astonishing realities, like beauty of surroundings and the best gift anyone can ever be given, loved ones. Together it is all I need to keep toasty.

Speaking of toast, Let me propose one;

to the keeper of the stars who holds all the universe, even me in my little world, in His caring hands,

to the Lily of the Valley who blankets my little world with beauty for every sense,

to the Wonderful Counselor, Father to the fatherless, friend to the friendless, Healer and Creator who reworks the ash remains of a dinged up discarded disaster to something new and shiny and beautiful,

Thank You.

The turn from fifty six to fifty seven, looks sunny and warm.







The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need. Psalm 23:1

2 comments:

  1. You are blessed! Good to see you post! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Rhonda! It is good to hear from you, and see your beautiful work keeping you very busy! It's always a treat to poke around your blog ;)

      Delete

January in Virginia

January in Virginia