A Story

Everybody has a story.
Not everyone will be interested in that story, but that doesn't mean it isn't interesting. Writing has always been therapeutic for me, (along with a nightly hot bath!). The paper and pen cannot refuse my words, they can't reject the thoughts I impose on them. Nor will they judge for content, or grade for accuracy. It is safe. There are so many times when it is necessary to be safe while being "real", and recording the "real" on paper validates the experiences. We were created to be relational beings, who desire to be known, and valued, and thereby, validated. So, I extend the invitation to "Life Lines", with the sincerest hope you'll share a sense of camaraderie, be entertained,and best of all, be inspired because...everybody has a story! <3

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Shoes


Ok, after a long day on my feet, on a hard floor, my feet are really tired, and hurt. The trip from my job to my driveway, allows just the right amount of time to "stiffen" the "old dogs" sufficiently, and make getting from the car to the front door look like I'm a circus act walking barefoot on a bed of broken glass! I always hope there's no one watching from the window, witnessing the evidence of my years! I mean, sure, there's the gray hair, crows feet, age spots, sagging, cellulite, arm wings..., but must we add hobbling to the list?! And how frequent will the additions to this ever growing list be? Because frankly, it's not as easy as it looks anymore to make all this look easy! It can now be said of me, as my Dad used to say in reference to our big old car, affectionately nick named the "Blue Moose", "the old Blue Moose, she ain't what she used to be!"

Shoes

Square toed, round toed, open toed shoes,
high heels, no heels, which should I choose?
I really like the pink flats,
I like the blue suede too,
and the strappy black sequined pair'
oh, what should I do?
How "bout the sassy red ones'
or the shiny gold with buckles'
or the black and white checked "tennies"'
that make my "tootsies" chuckle!

Black patent leather, off white pumps,
gathered in a shoe rack in big shoe clumps!
Oh, maybe I'll just stay at home
curled in my favorite seat,
put on my cozy "jammies",
and sport bare feet
!


P.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

January in Virginia

January in Virginia