A Story

Everybody has a story.
Not everyone will be interested in that story, but that doesn't mean it isn't interesting. Writing has always been therapeutic for me, (along with a nightly hot bath!). The paper and pen cannot refuse my words, they can't reject the thoughts I impose on them. Nor will they judge for content, or grade for accuracy. It is safe. There are so many times when it is necessary to be safe while being "real", and recording the "real" on paper validates the experiences. We were created to be relational beings, who desire to be known, and valued, and thereby, validated. So, I extend the invitation to "Life Lines", with the sincerest hope you'll share a sense of camaraderie, be entertained,and best of all, be inspired because...everybody has a story! <3

Friday, May 28, 2010

Indigo Elixir

A long walk under a sunny blue sky, with just enough breeze blowing my hair, from my parked car over the bridge to the edge of dry land.
Between the water and the cloudless sky it seems every shade of blue is used with various intensity depending on the direction I'm looking.
The scene is balm for eyes that need a fresh perspective. Rushing waves mingled with seagulls and distant voices drown out the noisy demands that continually mull over in my non-beach mind. Senses are re-awakened to warmth on my skin, cool water around my ankles, the impression in course damp sand that my feet make with each step.
Hunting for treasure, that's what I'm here for. Scouring the line of shells left by high tide for that special few that will make it into my pocket to come home with me. I know I'll not leave disappointed, I don't think that's a possibility, not here. Passing up a couple pieces of green and brown sea glass I bend to claim for myself the white ones. For whatever reason today the first shell to attract my attention is a black one, that too is worthy of a bend, and with that decision I continue searching for more of that color, having already decided that the pieces will come together as a necklace.
With treasures gathered, plans and ideas established I start back satisfied that once again, creation in it's unequalled splendor has been an elixir for my soul. I will make the black shell necklace and wear it reminded of the healing qualities offered freely to everyone who'll take advantage of what is always there. Indeed, a treasure has been found!

Time devoted to rest wholly needed,
stretch, recline, think.
Time infusing thirsty thoughts
with inspirations drink.
Time with sun and sky and surf and air
for breathing deep,
Time to see and hear and absorb treasure
I might keep.
Time invested plumping up my parched
wilted soul,
Time for salty frothy steps where the
tides roll.
Time with surfers and sailors and gulls
at the seashore.
Time again indigo elixir, work magic
once more.
pj


No comments:

Post a Comment

January in Virginia

January in Virginia