A Story

Everybody has a story.
Not everyone will be interested in that story, but that doesn't mean it isn't interesting. Writing has always been therapeutic for me, (along with a nightly hot bath!). The paper and pen cannot refuse my words, they can't reject the thoughts I impose on them. Nor will they judge for content, or grade for accuracy. It is safe. There are so many times when it is necessary to be safe while being "real", and recording the "real" on paper validates the experiences. We were created to be relational beings, who desire to be known, and valued, and thereby, validated. So, I extend the invitation to "Life Lines", with the sincerest hope you'll share a sense of camaraderie, be entertained,and best of all, be inspired because...everybody has a story! <3

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Pretties




























































































I love beautiful things. Beautiful arrangements of objects in my surroundings both indoors and out, endless possibilities! Beauty seen only through my eyes when I look at something I will re-create, bits of wire, lace, paper, an article of clothing made of especially beautiful fabric, a dish, buttons, a piece of beach wood, shells, anything vintage, colors and shapes, everything, almost, has the potential to be beautiful when properly juxtaposed.
I also love to re-arrange. This simple activity will transform my humble space so that it once again becomes visually appealing, which is really far more that just a decorative change, it uplifts my spirit to have a pleasing display of "pretties" to draw my attention, inspire my creativity, make me smile, or maybe just relax into it's coziness. I love to change the sheets using contrasting pillow cases, and the bed topper which is sometimes just a pretty tablecloth or piece of fabric, even a large colorful beach towel at the foot. I like to put out fresh towels in the color or print of that day's fancy.
I have always enjoyed collections of one thing or another, hatpins, tea pots, vintage hats and gloves, milk glass, tiny shoes, currently it's glass, mostly clear and Crystal. Bottles, sea glass, beads, marbles, cut crystal bowls, goblets, candlesticks, and chandelier pieces. And mirrors, I live in a house of mirrors! They reflect and increase the light and visually elude to a more spacious interior in my little house. I like to keep it simple, light, uncluttered, and have finally been able to part with much of what has been stored with good intentions in every nook and cranny over the years, allowing me to keep and enjoy only that which I really find beautiful, and have chosen myself, or has been a gift from a loved one offering an even deeper dimension of beauty. Cherished objects that remind of the giver, and the moments of life for which they were chosen and presented.
I purchased for myself a camera just before Christmas so that I could capture the holiday's happenings in both great still shots and video, we hadn't had family video for years, we were long overdue! With that purchase I have discovered I love to take pictures! It is no surprise to see me and my camera snapping shots. That little hunk of user friendly technology has released an inner photographer that up until now was trapped inside with no way out!
There is so much visual beauty to be appreciated in each day. Take time to really look at all the details that are so easily overlooked. Get rid of the clutter that prevents you from seeing the truly beautiful in every day life.
These are a few of my favorite everyday things, my pretties!
P.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

January in Virginia

January in Virginia