A Story

Everybody has a story.
Not everyone will be interested in that story, but that doesn't mean it isn't interesting. Writing has always been therapeutic for me, (along with a nightly hot bath!). The paper and pen cannot refuse my words, they can't reject the thoughts I impose on them. Nor will they judge for content, or grade for accuracy. It is safe. There are so many times when it is necessary to be safe while being "real", and recording the "real" on paper validates the experiences. We were created to be relational beings, who desire to be known, and valued, and thereby, validated. So, I extend the invitation to "Life Lines", with the sincerest hope you'll share a sense of camaraderie, be entertained,and best of all, be inspired because...everybody has a story! <3

Saturday, August 28, 2010

The "Busies"!




It's almost mind boggling how much life can be squeezed into a few short weeks, this summer a perfect example!
Both of my grandchildren had birthday's, she 4 and he 1,
we found out another will be added! WooHoo!
my youngest son turned 23 (while I was driving around the country on vacation with my parents and brother, which ended in my nephew's wedding),
and he got engaged to his best girl!
son #5 turned 26
and married his girl,
they flew to San Francisco,
another son flew to Chicago,
The oldest flew with his family to Germany,
1 son moved back home, which meant where do I put all this stuff that accumulated in his absence?!- garage sale, Goodwill, every...nook...and cranny!
my boy's made Mama a sidewalk,
significant home repairs,
hired a stucco man to re-stucco the whole house,
painted,
made a roofed area at the front door, (my house has never looked better thanks to all their hard work and resources!)
I turned...well that's not important, let it suffice to say I had a birthday! (and a surprise party that really was a surprise!)
and the icing on these birthday and wedding cake's, I had work this summer at my seasonal job that traditionally doesn't have hours for me in the summer! (I'm really thankful for the paycheck though!)
I know there is so much more, but I think the point is made! It just has been unusually busy, plain and simple!
When I started my blog a little less than a year ago, it was my intention to write about each of these significant events, to share, but more as a record for my self and family. I'm way behind on that goal. So many good thoughts have been swirling in my brain, stirring my heart, I almost feel "bad" that I won't remember everything I hoped to write about, still it's better late than never, so not necessarily in sequence, let the writing begin!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! Can you believe how old we are getting, YIKES! Hey, we all still look good.

    You have been busy and I've missed your posts. I'm off Facebook due to a privacy issue. Hope you are well and it sure sounds like you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, there you are!
    Thanks for checking in. I have peeked in on fb, but ever so briefly, and I have missed blogging, but hope to get back on track.
    I am amazed at how fast the time just...goes!
    Hoping all good things for you too! <3

    ReplyDelete

January in Virginia

January in Virginia