A Story

Everybody has a story.
Not everyone will be interested in that story, but that doesn't mean it isn't interesting. Writing has always been therapeutic for me, (along with a nightly hot bath!). The paper and pen cannot refuse my words, they can't reject the thoughts I impose on them. Nor will they judge for content, or grade for accuracy. It is safe. There are so many times when it is necessary to be safe while being "real", and recording the "real" on paper validates the experiences. We were created to be relational beings, who desire to be known, and valued, and thereby, validated. So, I extend the invitation to "Life Lines", with the sincerest hope you'll share a sense of camaraderie, be entertained,and best of all, be inspired because...everybody has a story! <3

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Product Endorsement



It is with regret I must say it has been discovered that I have an unfortunate malady affecting my physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being. It pains me to admit that I suffer from the “Shakes”, a condition very often invisible to those around me, nonetheless escalating internally. 
 
 Sometimes while driving, I suddenly without warning, am overcome with the urge to shake my finger at other drivers or even pedestrians who lack, in my critical opinion, the necessary skills for road usage. Absent it seems is even the sense once nostalgically referred to as common. 
 
Not limited to shaking fingers, I find that my fists are also prone to shaking, even if only in thought. This occurs when I believe that my fair pay, reward, recognition, or status has been overlooked or disregarded, intentionally or otherwise. I am not given the respect or credit due me for how great I am, and how invaluable my contribution has been to mankind. And do not dare take what is rightfully mine, or detract from my people the good things they deserve. No, in such a case my fist shakes anger, defiance, and even violence.
 
Impatience and frustration will set my leg or foot to shaking as I mull over in my mind the responsible infractions, be they long lines, slow service, inattentiveness or rambling conversation. Over and over I replay them, as the shaking persistently worsens.
 
Perhaps the most menacing symptom of the Shakes and possibly the most debilitating for me, would be the shaking of my head. I need look no further than anything besides what I see in the mirror, before I am aware of the incessant side to side motion. When appalled, disgusted, shocked or aghast at the differing ideologies of others, their, style, manners, speech, taste, or lack of these, I sense my head shaking. More grievous issues and character flaws like pride, indifference, non-sensibilities, neglect, deceit, and ingratitude, are dangerous triggers to my head Shakes, threatening to overpower me and render me useless to correctly process information. When subjected to these I become vulnerable to serious prolonged side effects and complications. The Shakes is a pitiful diagnosis.
 
Fortunately there is a remedy that promises a 100% cure rate, including a satisfaction guarantee. It is effective when extending forgiveness. It is useful when taken with humility. It is fail-proof when combined with gratitude. For maximum unconditional effectiveness, take on a full heart of selflessness until symptoms subside. This is a powerful, highly addictive treatment, not to be abused, but can be safely taken continuously as needed, with no adverse side effects.
 
If you too suffer from the Shakes, whether occasionally or more often, and however severe your symptoms may be, ask The Great Physician for your own risk-free sample today. I did, and I can tell you it works! Ask for it by name, L-O-V-E, and accept no substitutes. You’ll be glad you did.
 
P.J.
 
Most of all, love each other as if your life depended on it. Love makes up for practically anything.   
1Peter 4:8b (MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment

January in Virginia

January in Virginia